Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Bathroom mood board

I finally put together a mood board for my bathroom so you guys can have a peek into what I envision for the space. Well...at this point it's more than what I invision, it's basically what's happening!


Sort of different from my initial run at it, but I'm loving it all coming together. The white subway tile will be on the shower/tub alcove wall, and the marble herringbone will be the floor tile (I will have HERRINGBONE in my house!!).

The only things I have left to decide on are a shower head and paint colour. For the paint, I don't know whether to leave it all white and air-y, or to do something a bit darker on the wall (grey)? I'm leaing towards a very light gray so it isn't white on white on the tile. I am unsureof doing something dark because we don't have any tile on the walls to break it up. I also may re-think the lighting, but will keep the same style and will have the lights on top. I like the idea of lights on the side, but since we are doing 2 separate mirrors, we would have to have 3 lights and they're pretty bulky so we opted for top lighting. We will also have 2 potlights so the over-mirror lights won't be the only light sources in the bathroom.

So far the electrician and plumber have been in (and will be back to finazlie all the hook ups), and our drywall / tile installer started today! I know that finishing takes a while...so I'm not banking on it being doing very soon, but it's still some great progress.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like its going to be a beautiful bathroom!

Unknown said...

It's going to be stunning! I extra think so because it's eerily similar to what we had planned for ours (which is now on hold). I guess I'll have to live through you! :)

Designwali said...

omg...its going to look fantastic. herringbone is my dream too!

Amelia said...

Very exciting! I love the herringbone - it's going to be one beautiful bathroom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...