I am sure most of you have seen this somewhere or another -- but the way it goes is that I am supposed to share 7 things about myself, and then share 7 blogs that I enjoy. Here goes...
1. I get the most random songs stuck in my head. This was most obvious travelling through SE Asia with a friend after uni, where we didn't hear english music for a solid three months, but I would still end up with songs like "She'll be coming around the mountain..." in my head for hours at a time.
2. I don't think I could ever give up carbs. I love food, and love to eat. And thankfully enjoy working out and staying in shape :)
3. I have always been a bit indecisive. My childhood aspirations included actress (that was a long standing one), interior designer (tried to get a co-op placement in high school but it didn't pan out), and bagel-maker (ok so this wasn't so much an aspiration as my actual first part time job - see carb addiction above). My "real" job is doing HR for an engineering company.
4. I love love love travelling. There is nothing like it. It started simply enough, going to South Carolina every year since I was a wee tot (litterally, 1 year old) with my family. I have now covered a fair bit of ground in the US, Canada, and abroad. It's too hard to name favourites, but I adore SE Asia and Hawaii, and have been to New Zealand, Australia, and much of western Europe.
Kho Phi Phi, Thailand
Hoi An, Vietnam
Mirror Lake, New Zealand
5. Although I travel quite frequently I still get really excited to go on planes. Maybe it's because my first flight wasn't until I was about 17, but I still get excited to fly.
6. I am clueless when it comes to dealing with animals.
7. I had no idea how much work blogging was when I started this blog. Funny, but true. It does take effort, and to get an award for it is so nice. Thanks again Barbara!
Here are my 7 blogs that I want to share - some are new to me, and some are old favourites (a lot of my favourites have already received the award so I am trying to pick fresh ones):