Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Styling

I have a few areas of my home that need styling...in most cases, they are cabinets or shelves. I don't know quite what's taking me so long but I think a lot of it is the sheer amount of "stuff" that you have to put on shelves to make them look good!  Here's one of them:
I can continue with the black/white theme, but I really need some additional items for the shelves. And what to do with those drawers?? This is in our guest bedroom.
I always stayed away from little "bits and bops" because I didn't want clutter - but who knew you had to hunt for stuff...I think in my case I need interesting items that will add a bold feel to the empty spaces. Where do you find your "stuff" for your shelves?

 Here are some inspiration photos of shelf styling...enjoy!
living rooms - white black chairs built-ins bookcase modern lighting pendants living room  Crisp, clean white room  Love the white chairs with
dens/libraries/offices - white tufted leather Barcelona chairs mid-century modern wood slat coffee table chrome floor lamp dog bookshelf gree yellow striped rug gray sofa gray walls yellow pillows
bookcase-painted-after-picture
via HGTV

7 comments:

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I love the look, but I have a really hard time with styling. I love my books too much, I don't have enough room for all my books + styling too. I also don't have any bits and bobs smaller than a foot high and wide, all my books would have to live in the basement.

You can find good "stuff" for styling at Homegoods, if there's one in your area.

Carol-Anne said...

I like to add a little colour and a little bling...

Nicole said...

Most of my "bits and bobs" are things I have collected whole traveling or during special events. I also use a lot of photos. I like Urban Barn for little things like that too.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Styling is definitely tricky and very time consuming. Whenever I need an extra piece I hit the thrift store. There's always something unusual to fill a space.

Anonymous said...

You've got some great starter pieces there Heather. You should be able to whip that bookshelf into shape in no time! Love the last inspiration shot with the bold yellow background. So daring :)

Anonymous said...

Love the painted or wallpapered backdrop to shelves, adds a little interest. I find antique stores and homesense are both good places to get cheap knick-knacks. Good luck!

navy and orange said...

love the photos you are using for inspiration!

xoxo navy & orange
navyandorange.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...