Friday, January 27, 2012

BlogPodium - recap

This morning I was fortunate enough to attend the (insanely successful) inaugural session of BlogPodium - the genius event created by Lindsay and Jen. They created BlogPodium as an opportunity for Canadian bloggers to encourage "conversation, collaboration, connection". {BlogPodium's Mission}. I would say they have succeeded and then some...Here's a look at the wonderful panel we had this morning:


I’ve seen these ladies on CityLine, at other events, and all over Twitter – it was fantastic to see them all in one room! Their input is invaluable – the mix of design experience, industry knowledge, and thoughts on the blogging world provides so much to think about. If you’re on Twitter, make sure to look up the #blogpodium trends (and follow me! @InteriorGroupie); many of us were tweeting topics of conversation during the session. If you’re not on Twitter…it took some nudging from blogger friends for me to get on…but just do it. You can thank me later.

Along with the swell panel session came the opportunity to mingle with attendees, which was amazing! One of the big highlights of the morning was putting faces to names of people whose blogs I comment on, who comment on my blog, and meeting them in “real life”. I now have a number of new blogs to check out and keep up with…

And finally, the swag. BlogPodium’s sponsors and other contributors were more than generous! The major sponsors were: Delta, OlioBoard (online moodboard creator), and IDS12 – Interior Design Show. Here are some of the goodies we came home with:
{Martha Stewart Living fabric box, We Create Hoopla glitter bag - LOVE THEM!, ChaptersIndigo white ceramic jar, CB2 plate, Benjamin Moore Affinity paint deck}


And check out the cute business cards I had printed from the Penny Paper Co.:

Check back tomorrow for photos from the Interior Design Show!

P.S. – a BIG thank you to all of you who read and follow my blog, I broke the 100-follower mark this week!

7 comments:

Sarah Gunn said...

Wow! You are fast! Great post about such an inspiring and informative event. I loved it!

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

That just may be my favourite post ever:) Great post! So glad you were able to connect with others. Meeting others face to face is just the best feeling, isn't it?

Lindsay said...

What an AWESOME post. I love it!!

Dayna @Inspiration for Decor said...

Sounds like BlogPodium was a hit!...I'm sorry to have missed it today (my son was sick). Looking forward to a recap of IDS and congrats on 100+!

Carissa @ the Fabulous Design File said...

Thanks for the great re-cap! I would love to be closer so I could get in on awesome events like this one! Also love your new cards, and congrats on breaking 100!!!

Meagan, in house nester said...

Great to meet in person Heather! To many more - and next time I want to get some of that champagne with you! LOVE champagne :)
Meagan

Adding the finishing touch said...

I love this post! I was super bummed I didn't get to attend but this post gave me a great taste for it! Definitely attending next time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...