Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Antiquing in Ottawa

While I was in Ottawa a little while ago for a quick visit, I popped into a great antique market that my friend T turned me on to (Ottawa Antique market - which is conveniently down the street from her house). My mom and I popped in after I visited with T - here are some of the beauty items we saw (sadly nothing came home with me as I was taking the train back to Toronto).
This chair is gorgeous, and check out the stack of black books for filling up a shelf!


Beautiful blue Wedgewood pieces


If you saw my post on trends, you know that floral was one of them! I love how crowded / concentrated this floral pattern is.

Those are just some of my fun browsing finds - where is your favourite antique store / market?

9 comments:

Lisa Mackay said...

Oh that chair is amazing. Looks like a great spot - I will have to bookmark it for my next trip to Ottawa!

Anonymous said...

Very nice! How were the prices? It seems like antique stores located in the city centre are much pricier than ones on the outskirts. My favourite market is a flea/antique market on a 2-way highway between the QEW (near Hamilton?) and St.George... haha I have no idea, I used to stop there on my way to and from my grandmothers! Antique trunks for $50!
http://paintwinerepeat.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

ohh, will have to check it out next time I'm there. I really love all the floral dishes!

design elements said...

beautiful chair!

designchic said...

Is there anything more fun...love the chair!!

Anonymous said...

I love going to antique shops! The chair is beautiful. And those pocket watches really bring back good memories of my Grandpa. xo

Designwali said...

Oh WOW...you said NO to that bell? Damn commuting!! seriously...now that bell is got me all fired up!

Adding the finishing touch said...

I love the floral pieces and the wedgewood blue!

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

So fun! I admire your self-control. Pretty sure I would've been carting some of those things home with me and regretting my decision the whole way. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...