Monday, November 28, 2011

The right filler

I have decided that we need curtains for our living room to add a finishing touch. We have slat blinds, so we haven't been living completely open to the street, however the corners of the room look a bit empty and curtains would fill them in perfectly.

The obvious question is - solid or pattern? Here are some examples of each -- and can I just say they're not making my decision easier?? I'm leaning towards patterned though...

Camp Solid:
living rooms - David Hicks La Florentina gray quatrefoil patterned rug ivory sofa chaise lounge white garden stool cherry square cocktail table gray pillows oatmeal linen drapes gray walls blue lamps orchid
 Pinned Image
Pinned Image
living rooms - Living Room Urban Barn Lumex Coffee Table Trellis Fretwork Rug Windsor Smith Pelagos Mist Fabric Edwardian Lantern  Vintage Elegance
This is an ultra chic living room with the silk pillows, velvet couch and glass coffee table. The floor to ceiling silk drapes create a dramatic backdrop and emphasize the tall ceilings and oversized windows.

Camp Pattern:
Pinned Image
Pinned Image
 Pinned Image
Pinned Image
Pinned Image


12 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

I am a solid girl!

Carol-Anne said...

I love love love patterned curtains, but because I change everything in my room so much (cushions/art/rugs/slipcovers) I've stuck with solid, so I don't have worry about them matching.

Designwali said...

I lean towards solid but a mild pattern like that last pic could look fanatasic...

Kelly @ View along the way said...

I'd say if you can do them cheaply, go patterned! That way you can change them out if you end up hating the pattern later. But if it'll be pricy, solid has a better chance of working long-term. Can't wait to see what you choose!

Roma Jakubow said...

I love the curtains in the last picture - they add visual interest but aren't overbearing! I always opt for solid curtains with slight prints/paterns over top ( lines, geometrics on top of sheers for example), or textured solids :)

lisaroy said...

I love the patterned ones but I tire of things much too quickly to invest in them. I'm a solid girl all the way :)

red ticking said...

love your blog... happy to have found you... wishing you a joyous month of cheer xx pam

Unknown said...

As long as it's the right pattern, I'm all for it! But I won't lie, I love the look big thick solid curtains can give to a room. Totally depends on the vibe you're going for!

Heather H. said...

And what about a compromise: the ones that are solid in color but made of unevenly woven fabric? There's often a good deal of timelessness in them. I don't know how often you tend to change your living room but if you do it rarely I wouldn't go for patterns because they can become outdated quite easily.

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I'm definitely camp pattern. I'm also struggling to find fabric for curtains for my living room and dining room. I hope you're more decisive than I am!!

Unknown said...

I love either, for me patterned curtains on easier in the dining room - less patterns overall. And in the living room a sold or neutral gives a nice base to go pattern crazy in the living room :)

Holly Gruszka said...

You will be so happy with your curtains whatever you decide - they make such a huge difference! I'm visiting from Recreated - glad to have found your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...