Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Another coffee table option...

My quest for the right coffee table continues (will it ever end?). I think we all agree that this table isn't quite right for my space, so my friend Ashley from Calmly Chaotic recommended this puppy:
GUS* Modern Root Table {via Modern Karibou}

It's kind of cool...I like the faux-wood grain on top, and the wooden legs. The size and shape are right too, AND it's made in Canada. The bad news? It's sold out and back ordered (everywhere) until mid-January. This might be an option, because God knows it takes me forever to find something I like, but what I am hoping is that I see a similar option on Craigslist or Kijiji that I can refinish (minus the "crack" which the Mr. suggested would be a great place to balance a wine glass in...). If you see a round coffee table for sale PLEASE send it over to me? Ok? Ok. Thanks.

I did check out the side table version of the above table so I could get a sense of the finish:
As you can see, the grooves are actually quite deep...which explains why you can see them from far away, but it also means that they can be nasty dust collectors! this side table was in the store's basement and had a bunch of dust in the grooves...I had a minor flash to me cleaning the coffee table with a q-tip...not sure I want to go there but I guess we'll have to see how desparate I am once January comes around!

6 comments:

Adding the finishing touch said...

Q-tip cleaning is never fun! It is nice though! Good luck.

Ashley said...

Sold out until January, boo! Did you try calling Blueprint Home here in ottawa? I know they carry their stuff... but I guess the best that would get you would be a floor model.

Amelia said...

Stay away from anything that requires q-tip cleaning!! :)

Shannon said...

Imagine if you spilled something sticky!!

emily said...

Love the texture of it, but you're smart to be thinking about the practicality of it!

Unknown said...

You really do think of everthing! I on the other hand would buy it not thinking about the dust, get frustrated cleaning it with a Qtip and not bother anymore, allowing the groves to fill with brownish-grey dust. That's just how wood-grain look in nature right? Its pretty but keep looking :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...