Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cabinet curb find

A little while ago I came across this beauty-find sitting in the rain, on a curb:
What am I going to do with this you ask? Well, for starters I will be removing the ugly hardware (all of it), and likely taking out the middle wood panels of the doors and replacing them with wire mesh or glass. Then there is an option of putting it on legs to add a little oomph. I'm thinking I will use it as a liquor cabinet in our dining room. Any other thoughts?  It will probably take me a while to get to this project so keep your ideas coming!

In the meantime, here are some of my inspiration pics for this project:
 

Zinc Holloway Cabinet from The Holding Company
via House to Home - Zinc Holloway Cabinet


 kates cabinet after copy


via Primp




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this! especially like the mesh/wire of the white one!

Anonymous said...

Oooh...great find! I love the last two pics. Can't wait to see what you do with this lovely cab!!!

Anonymous said...

Great find! I love when other peeps garbage becomes someone else's treasure. Great inspiration pics too.

Travel With Lulu said...

I love your inspirational pages. Can't wait to see the end result

lisaroy said...

great find! I think it's a great idea as a liquor cabinet. I'd love one in my entry to store my shoes :)

Erin said...

Great find for FREE! Love the idea of removing parts of it to make it your own.

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Good eye! Can't wait to see what you do with it!

christine, just bella said...

oooo! Great find, can't wait to see it all dolled up!

Kerry said...

Great find i know you'll do something fab with it Heather. I vote for the wire mesh on it! Probably more cost effective, but will still look great! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...