Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday faves - strawberries

Ontario strawberries are in season, and to me there is nothing like local produce! It always tastes better, looks better, and is (at least seems) healthier than produce that has been trucked across the land for days on end. Right now strawberries are at their prime in Ontario and I just can't get enough. They are smaller than the grocery store variety, bright red, and so sweet. Get them before it's too late!

via BlogTO

How do you like your strawberries?
via Trois Allumettes - this is definitely what my basket looked like (half full) after hours of pick-your-own as a kid (many more ended up in my belly)
via The Kitchn - strawberry pie...yummy

Happy weekend! 



7 comments:

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love me some chocolate strawberries. Enjoy!!

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

Gotta try and get out picking with the kids one day... I just made a "summer berry" pie this afternoon! Happy weekend...

SamanthaJoy said...

Oh yum. I once went to this strawberry picking farm which had the most amazing restaurant. It was magical. They had dried strawberries covered in chocolate which don't sound good but they were soo good!

Anonymous said...

yummmy..I love strawberries.

Anonymous said...

Yum. Had fresh strawberries this wkd. LOVE!

lisaroy said...

Ontario strawberry time is THE BEST! I love making freezer jam and just enjoying them in my cereal. yum! :)

Carol-Anne said...

I agree with the others: Ontario strawberry time is the best! Better than organic!

Love the photos you used.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...