Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday faves - places and spaces

One of my absolute favourite places is the beach...any beach with an ocean will do but I do have a couple of favourites. I grew up going to Myrtle Beach SC for 3 weeks every summer, so I love spending the whole day on the beach. Recently the Mr. and I have been favouring Hawaii. No matter which beach I'm on, one of my favourite times at the beach is late in the afternoon after you've been on the beach all day. You're trying to get the last bit of the day before the sun starts setting. The crazy heat of the day is melting away and it's so relaxing to be on the beach when almost everyone else has left...ahhhhh....

I kind of feel this is where we are in the summer right now...it's getting dark earlier, stays dark later in the morning and the heat isn't the same as July heat. I don't want summer to go, but I will try to get everything that I can out of the coming weeks.


All photos mine - Kauai, Hawaii



4 comments:

lisaroy said...

Gorgeous pics! This time of the summer is so perfect with the milder temps (and in many areas - no bugs!) :)

Julie said...

These are all yours? They are gorgeous! I completely agree, although right now in DC we're dealing with Irene, which is stealing away those precious last summer days of ours!

emily said...

What gorgeous photos!

InteriorGroupie said...

Thanks ladies! I have to give credit where credit is due though - at least that first photo was taken by the Mr. (you can see my foot just sneaking in there!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...