Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer house dreams

On nice long weekends I always get a twinge of envy for my friends who leave town for "the cottage". Cottages have also been all over my favourite home magazines recently, so I've found myself daydreaming a bit. To clarify, when I say cottage, I don't mean this:


Instead, I dream of these types of properties...

 via Pinterest
bathrooms - white bathroom beadboard cabinets marble countertops rustic wood mirrors double sinks subway tiles backsplash polished nickel sconces stone tiles floor

bedrooms - mushroom linen pillows bedding bullnose convex mirror faux bamboo nightstand table white drapes  Margot Austin  cottage bedroom design


Sarah Richardson's cottage via House & Home
Wouldn't this be an amazing cottage in the fall - say for Thanksgiving? via Pinterest



9 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

Love those pictures and wish I was at any one of those spots right now!

blue fruit said...

Well they are all absolutely beautiful, but is it bad to admit that I would like the first one the most? I want to rescue it and make it lovely again!

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

Perhaps that first cottage looks like the others on the inside! haha.. probably not. All of those places look just dreamy and peaceful. I love the one with the boat access. x

Anonymous said...

Oh man...these are all totally fab. But I have to say, I've always had a weak spot for that yellow and charcoal bathroom from Sarah's House. I've been tempted for a while to take that inspiration into my own lil' bathroom redo ;)

Lindsay [rookie's nest] said...

hahaaaaa your first pic totally made me laugh - the rest of them are just BEAUTIFUL! cottages are my absolute favorite and I really hope to own one somday! thanks for stopping by my blog; it's always nice to meet a fellow canadian blogger! i'm looking forward to following yours too! xo

Kerry said...

We always wish we had a cottage... somewhere to escape to. We don't even really know anyone with a cottage that we could go to with them. The best we can do is take a walk down the street to stand by lake ontario haha.... damn...

Ashley Nicole Designs said...

All of those places look lovely! I would stay in any of them in a Heart Beat! Thanks for stopping by my blog. (mymulberrytree)

Tess said...

I cannot wait for the day when I have my own lake house to decorate. The great thing about having a second house, is the ability to try out different decor tastes. My parents are fortunate to have three homes, and both their winter house (in Mexico) and summer house (in Wisconsin) couldn't be decorated any more different. I think it's fun to use the location of your home as your foundation for your decorating.

Jacqueline said...

I love the yellow tub from Sara Richardson's cottage! Thanks for leaving those lovely comments on my chairs and wood tray!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...