Monday, August 22, 2011

Whoo-Whoo

Happy Monday everyone! This past weekend was busy at the start and tailed off nicely for a relaxing and rainy Sunday. Just what I needed to get back in fine form for the week ahead. Has anyone else realized we are already PAST mid-August?? Eek! Luckily I have a litte city-fun-getaway planned that is keeping me pining for September :)

Another thing I've noticed over the past year is the persistence of owls showing up in home decor. I think they can be really cute, but wonder if it's a trendy fad?  Whether it's here to stay or not here are some great examples of owls done right...
White Owl Bookends
Bookends via Chapters-Indigo

via TheArtZoo
Owls everywhere! Via Pinterest
I got this adorable owl (w/ a candle inside) for a friend from Anthropologie. via
Cute with the chevron - via

Maybe I need to get an owl to add some spice to my cabinet styling dilemma!

11 comments:

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

I don't have any owls yet. But I do have several other animals from elephants to peacocks to horses - I have to be careful not to look like a barn!

emily said...

Owls are so cute! I don't necessarily have a "thing" for them, but I find myself drawn to all things owl!

Anonymous said...

The owls are not what they seem. Ha Ha does anyone remember Twin Peaks? I don't think I can like owls just because of that TV show.

Anonymous said...

I love these little creatures. That nursery bedding is adorable! Love!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love owls and I'm so glad they're trendy. I"m sure the fad will pass but I love it anyway!!

Roma Jakubow said...

I love the Anthrolopology Owl Candle! Smells delicious and looks pretty darn adorable too. Trend or not, owls are adorable.

Melissa @ Rooms said...

I love those bookends! Thanks for sharing all the owl inspiration!

Sarah - { rad: renovations are dirty } said...

Last week, I ordered those owl bookends from HomeSav for my sister's Christmas present. :P

lisaroy said...

I've been seeing owls everywhere for about a year now - Etsy was filled with them. I'm sure they're a passing trend but they are cute. :)

Tamra {ever swoon} said...

My best friend decorated her nursery in owls and it is absolutely adorable. I hand painted an owl bank for her to match. I'm really digging the trend.

xx

dajana, all kinds of lovely said...

I agree with Carol - owl decor may be trendy but it doesn't matter if you really dig it. Of course like anything, moderation is key. I have an owl bank in my sitting room that I sure do love! It's white ceramic & adds a touch of modern whimsy. My husband, on the other hand, doesn't know what to make of it. (;

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...