Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday faves - have you seen this?

Apparently this is all over the interwebs...however I just saw it the other day on my friend Ashley's Calmly Chaotic blog:


Melty crayon wax art. Pretty cool, non? And fun to boot. I remember I used to melt crayons on hot glue from a glue gun because I loved the colours melting! I think this is a fun DIY that would be perfect for (a) a colour lover of any age or (b) a child's room or playroom.

Here are some more:

Purple Rain






Hope you have a colourful weekend!

For those of you in Toronto, the ever delightful and insanely talend Ms. Christine from Bijou and Boheme will be presenting at the One Of a Kind Show on Sunday at 1pm - if you're thinking of going to OOAKS anyways, drop by and show your support! I have something else going on but will be there in spirit!


12 comments:

Adding the finishing touch said...

I love the umbrella picture, it's amazing!

Ashley said...

thanks for putting our creative masterpiece up there lol!

it is seriously fun to make!

Anonymous said...

Love the couple standing in the rain! So cute.

Tim said...

Really? These are crayons? So thought they are melted wax!!

Jeanette @ This Dusty House said...

I've seen these on Pinterest, but nothing quite so creative as the rain one and the daisy one. I love them! Might have to start experimenting with melting crayons...

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!

Anna @ IHOD said...

Pretty incredible!! I love the last one especially:)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Anna

Tiffany said...

Very interesting. I really like the one with the two people in the rain. Very clever.

emily said...

I haven't seen that before! So unique!

a Girl Called Kim said...

Oooh, I've never seen the flowers one before!
I love the umbrella versions.

Anonymous said...

I've one of these before but who knew is was so common. They are so interesting and beautiful. Cool feature!

ken said...

Love them! So that's what all the melted crayons in the bathroom were all about! (really! my daughter was trying this last week!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...