Monday, March 19, 2012

Weekend curb find

Happy Monday all!

Sunday was a real treat here weather wise - sunny and warm. The Mr. and I decided to take advantage of it (as much we can with my silly back - hoping to be on my bike next weekend!). We headed down to the beach to take a nice long stroll along the boardwalk. As we were walking down Woodbine from where we parked, we came across 2 little wicker stools on the curb, destined for the garbage, that were just calling our names:
I'm thinking of spray painting them black and then making a cushion (or buying...) to put on top. I kind of love them. And for free? Yep. We'll use them as extra seating in the living room, on the porch, or in the backyard...totally versatile! 

I was going to include some inspiration pics here...but you'll just have to do your imagination because I am not finding any easily! But that's ok, the idea's in my brain and I'll translate it to real life soon.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

The things people throw out amaze me! I absolutely love those! Can't wait to see what you do:)

Krista @ Nook of Wellington said...

Nice one! Those will always come in handy!

Nette @ This Dusty House said...

Love them!

We drove past a cute little two-seater sofa in North York yesterday. Unfortunately, there was no way it was going to fit in the car, so we had no choice but to leave it there...

Adding the finishing touch said...

Those are amazing. I love your spraypaint/cushion idea!

Pine Tree Home said...

Those are a great find...maybe even spray them a fun color like red, yellow or aqua.

Anonymous said...

Say what?! Curb find?! Eek...how fabulous. Love these. Awesome find Heather.

Anonymous said...

Nice find!! Wicker is so easy to paint as well! Congrats!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

I love them! How fun! They could make good little tables too! GREAT find!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Great find! I scored something free this weekend, too. Hope our good luck holds, lol!

The Vintique Object said...

Ooo, Heather! I love them as is! Here's an inspiration pic for you -- something I've been wanting to do in my own house. The shape is different, but the idea is the same!

http://pinterest.com/pin/206813807858286902/

Camille

emily said...

What a phenomenal find!

the cape on the corner said...

seriously why were these things at the curb? ridiculous! so glad you saved them from impending doom!

Veronica @ Design Style said...

What a great find, I'd love to come across something like this as I'm strolling along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...