Sunday, March 4, 2012

Working weekend

You know those weekends where you are so focused on a project nothing else really matters?

That was us this weekend with project backsplash. We tiled for about 6 hours yesterday, and are letting the adhesive set a full 48 hours before we take on the grout tomorrow night (hence the post tonight and probably not tomorrow). Today a good chunk of time was spent with the Mr. trying to coax a devil-outlet that we were trying to extend to be able to put the cover over the backsplash. Grr. Not a fun task, but at least the circuit still works...for now...after way too long contorted under a cabinet we still have to fit everything back in and put the cover on. :)

Yesterday when we FINALLY finished tiling and cleaned up it was 9:30 and we were not in the mood to cook...and way too hungry to get through cooking anything...so we went to Pizzeria Libretto on Danforth and it was delicious!


Libretto and Queen Margherita on Queen E vie for my favourite pizza in Toronto title. Virtually the only pizza I enjoy is Neapolitan pizza, and both of these places do it extremely well. Libretto is more about combining interesting / unexpected flavours (duck confit pizza, anyone?), where as Queen Margherita has the BEST crust in town and very classic Neapolitan pizza. If I could only ever eat one for the rest of my life Queen Margherita would have to be the one. If you haven't been - go!

I did do some cooking this weekend, although our kitchen is still not fully together so it's not as easy as usual.  Friday night I made a delicious lentil salad that I had with tuna - great veggie option for dinner or lunch (recipe here).

Tonight I made a tagine (which was the plan for last night, but for obvious reasons that didn't turn out). I love morrocan food and this one is fairly easy to make (recipe here).

I hope everyone had a splendid weekend - hope fohe grout gods to be with us tomorow night!

3 comments:

Nette @ This Dusty House said...

We went to Pizza Libretto yesterday too! Well, we tried... but, surprise, surprise, there was a half hour wait, so we went elsewhere. We missed each other by, oh... 9 hours or so. Can't say I love that style of pizza though. The air bubbles taste just a little too burnt for my taste...

Martina said...

Ugh, outlets! I swear we have the same problem with every outlet we've had to work around in our house (getting them flush mounted) it's such a pain.

Way to kick some tile butt though! That's awesome that now you just have to get the grout-work done, can't wait to see how everything turned out. :)

Ashley@AttemptsAtDomestication said...

I'm dying to redo the tile in our kitchen, but that project is probably a few years down the road for us. Bummer! Looking forward to seeing how it turns out!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...