Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Helloooo Spring!

Happy Spring everyone! Spring is so exciting, because it's a drastic change of season from the grey winter to hits of green popping up. I've seen little crocuses poking through the dirt which is a sure sign of spring. To top it off, it has been SO nice here, I got motivated to bring some Spring indoors!

We were at HomeDepot (of COURSE), so I took a gander at the houseplant section. They had tonnes of little plants for a whopping $1.99 each. I picked a few up to repot into brass pots I have that typically sit empty on the dresser in our entryway:

Here are the houseplants in their original pots:

(yes, these photos were taken outdoors, in Toronto, in March. It was so springy and warm!)

I repotted the plants into slightly bigger plastic containers to put in the brass containers...

Then I arranged the plants inside...and there you have it - some spring indoors!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great!

Anne-Marie @ 10 Rooms said...

Love them! Nothing like spring, is there? I came all the way to florida for some sun, and you guys have almost the same temps there :) Hope it lasts for you!!

Adding the finishing touch said...

I love the pots, they're amazing!

designchic said...

Great pots and love a touch of greenery in every room!

Designwali said...

love that aged brass!

The White City Project said...

I am lovin' your blog! Seems like everyone is getting in the spirit of spring and bringing green inside - what a great way to add some style to your entry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...