Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Banana nut chocolate chip bread

On the weekend I was going to make muffins like I always do for snacks during the week...and the Mr. suggested banana bread instead. I haven't had banana bread in ages, and don't think I've ever made it (indeed we had to go out and buy a loaf pan). This one turned out to be magical.







Yumm...this recipe was from my Taste of Home Cookbook. Here's the recipe if you want to try it out (I recommend it...)

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
  • 1/2 cup sour cream (*I used plain yoghurt)
  • 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (*I used pecans because I didn't have walnuts on hand. I also tossed in about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips)
Directions
  • In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in bananas and sour cream. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Stir into banana mixture just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
  • Transfer to a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).

Don't forget that tomorrow is the LAST day to enter my giveaway! Get your name in there before it's too late...



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delicious looking... I don't eat bananas, but I will eat banana bread! (especially with chocolate chips!!)

Linds said...

oh yum, i looooove banana bread!

Unknown said...

My favorite! Will definitely be trying it out! More importantly though.. how great do your countertop and backsplash look! :)

Adding the finishing touch said...

Oh my gosh, that looks heavenly!

Meagan, in house nester said...

Nothing beats a good, moist banana bread in my mind! My favourite treat :)
Meagan

emily said...

This looks so good! And I love getting a peek at your counters and back splash!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...