Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I got to use a nail gun!!

Last week I was invited to a DIY event at Home Depot where we got to make our own garden boxes! I thought the event was a neat idea, and then when I got there I saw what we were doing and that we would be able to use a saw, drill, AND NAIL GUN and I was sold!

(PS - aside from the finished product and gabbing with bloggers the nail gun was BY FAR my favourite part of the night!).

We started with a little get to know you, and met our Home Depot reps:
Our fearless leaders, Linsey and Kris

And the fun tools we got to play with:




My new favourite power tool - a nail gun. Have you used one?? They are glorious, so easy and SO FUN to use.


Ok...I get it, enough of the tools. Right, so now onto the fun thing we made - a flower box! The Home Depot reps helped us with instruction, and we measured, cut, drilled, countersunk, and nail gunned these puppies together.

I decided to stain my flower box (well, the Mr. stained it on the weekend - a role reversal from our usual process - this time I got to use the power tools, and he painted!).

And with the goods - the flowers!





A big thank you to Home Depot and Environics Communications for throwing this little DIY shindig!





9 comments:

Designwali said...

so awesome...one day I will use a nail gun too...with supervision of course!

Lisa Mackay said...

Oooh I love it - and I love the colour you picked! I am afraid of nail guns.. it feels like a sit-com just waiting to happen...

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I love the grey stain, and the purple flowers are perfect!

Anonymous said...

So fun! And the finished product is great!

Adding the finishing touch said...

What a great event & your flower box is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

So wish I'd managed to make it out now! I got the invite in the midst of trip planning, so it's one of those things I didn't get a chance to look at properly. It looks great! And, um, I kinda love nail guns. And drills. Saws, maybe not so much, what with the potential to lose a hand...

Meagan, in house nester said...

Totally thought I had commented on this. Apparently not! Grrrrr! Anyways - fun night! Am publishing some pictures tomorrow - as a warning, there is a great one of you!
Meagan

Anonymous said...

Oh man - lucky you! I've got a bunch of tomato plants growing in little pots and I was just thinking about heading to the Home Depot to see what planter options they have. I really could have used this DIY day! Your project looks fab! Congrats Heather!
Jordana

Stefania @ ouryellowlovenest said...

Love that window box!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...