Thursday, June 28, 2012

Fresh from the garden

One of the (few) things we were happy to inherit "as-is" when we bought our house was the back garden. It was landscaped really nicely and came complete with raspberry bushes! It's only June but we have already had a good amount of raspberries (I would say at least a pint and a half...if you don't include the ones we snack on while "harvesting" :) ). I hope that they keep on coming because they are SO GOOD.

Raspberries grow sort of like Benjamin Button - they start off all dry and light coloured, and then plump up and become nice and tender and beautifully red and plump!





8 comments:

lisaroy said...

How lucky! We used to have raspberry bushes in our backyard when we rented a house in Oakville years ago. What a treat! :)

Adding the finishing touch said...

I LOVE fresh raspberries! I'm super jealous of your raspberry bushes - enjoy :)

a Girl Called Kim said...

lol, love the benjamin button analogy. i'm not a huge fan of raspberries but those look delicious!

Kerry said...

YUMMM! My parents have HUGE raspberry bushes in their yard and I love just grazing when I go over to visit. They are one of my favourite things about summer! :)

Kelly said...

Beautiful! Can I put in an order for some jam? All we seem to grow here is weeds.

Lisa - UnderthisDanforthRoof said...

ahha! Love the Benjamin Button reference!! I HEART raspberries - and picking them and eating them is the best way...whenever I buy them from the grocery store they are mouldy in no time flat!

Unknown said...

Whoa, you have a lot! We inherited a raspberry bush too, and I LOVE it. However, last year, our outdoor faucet leaked for the first, hottest part of the summer and about half of it died. The remains are producing plenty this year though. Not enough for pie or jam, unfortunately... If you end up with too many, just let me know! :D

Sara @ Russet Street Reno said...

Oh my goodness, my mom and dad have tons of raspberry bushes and I can just walk through them and eat and eat - I don't even care about washing them or anything, just take a look for bugs and pop em! Yum

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...