My friend Lindsey at Recreated did a great DIY Spice Jar post a while back and these served as my inspiration:
Aren't those fantastic? So cute, and so easy! So, the Mr. and I embarked on a similar project for our baking jars.
We started by emptying out all of the jars:
(and yes, all the contents did stay in bowls on our island for about a week, thanks for asking)
We thought we could make templates out of newsprint, so I got to cutting and the Mr. got to spraying:
We obviously were not following Lindsey's directions because this is what happened:
woops. a few drips and leaks here and there. Back to the drawing board - i.e. actually looking up how to do this and breaking out the frog tape:
Then paint away!
After a little bit of clean-up with paint thinner (especially on the first round of newsprint templates), and a good soapy water wash, the baking ingredient jars were done:
*That round one is my favourite! It's from the newspaper templates but the Mr. cleaned it up for me. I now use it for baking soda so it's easily identifiable from baking powder!