Monday, October 1, 2012

I can taste fall {lemon cranberry loaf}

Another weekend come and gone...can you BELIEVE it is October?? September flew..and I mean flew by. I remember the first week of September being at work and thinking, wow everyone is on full-speed-ahead-mode. That has not changed but it's now October...we'll have to wait to see what it brings.

Let's rewind a little bit for a weekend recap...The Mr. and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary that I mentioned last week with a phenomenal dinner at Ici Bistro on Friday night. It's a small french bistro with excellent service, great wine seelction, and food that is to die for. If you are in Toronto and looking for a special meal I highly recommend Ici.

Saturday we did tons of errands and wandered Queen East to see if these chairs were still available...needless to say almost a year later they were nowhere to be seen, but it was a nice afternoon walk.

Sunday was the day of domesticity! It started with the Mr. making eggs benedict for breakfast (he's the best), then we did some yard work, laundry, ironing, and I started on a little fall project that I hope to showcase after the craziness of my upcoming week(s). In between I got into fall cooking - roasted butternut squash soup (if that doesn't scream fall, I'm not sure what does), pork with maple mustard sauce, and glazed lemon cranberry loaf (recipe here).

Hope you had a delicious weekend as well...

5 comments:

Amelia said...

That looks delicious! Cranberry lemon muffins are one of my favourite things to bake. I was craving soup like crazy this weekend, a sure sign that fall is here :)

Kerry said...

Yum! Anything lemon cranberry is always good in my books! :) Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

lisaroy said...

This looks awesome - definitely need to make this! sounds like the perfect weekend :)

Ashley said...

This looks ah-maze-ing. I might have to make it for thanksgiving dessert? I don't do pumpkin pie...

Shannon said...

Love lemon cranberry loaf! Love it!!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...