Thursday, October 25, 2012

Kitchen light fixture

I am embarassed to say that we still have some ug-ly light fixtures in our house. We've had more important things to focus on, but they're getting dealt with one at a time!

We had a gross boob light in our kitchen...so gross that I didn't even honour its memory with a photo.  Ideally we would have potlights in there, but when we re-did the electrical in our house we decided to wait until we did a kitchen reno, built out an island, and knew where we wanted our task lighting. Well, then our kitchen reno turned into a gorgeous kitchen facelift with everything staying in the same spot so we didn't do potlights in the kitchen at all.

We finally dealt with the ugly light we had in there by going the retro modern route and replacing the old boob light with a school house fixture:
It was a pendant light, but the Mr. took out the rods and hung it as a flush mount since we don't have a lot of room underneath it (the cabinet has to open up). It is one of those small changes that just makes me happy that it's done, and that I don't cringe whenever I look up at the ceiling!

Similar light available at Home Depot - but you should check in-store, we found another brand that had the pendant light on sale for $39!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw those they and couldn't believe the price! It looks great on your kitchen!

Dayna@Inspiration for Decor said...

Looks great! I have a very similar light in my kitchen and we get lots of compliments, so I'm sure you'll be happy with your choice.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

You can never go wrong with a schoolhouse pendant. And they've gotten so affordable! Hope you can stop by and enter my Novica giveaway! It's a great way to support artists around the world!

www.chattafabulous.blogspot.com

Designwali said...

looks great. i have those ugly globe lights in the kitchen that dry me insane.

Ashley said...

that light is the cousin to our entryway light! good for josh for making it flush, it looks perfect in there!

Cathy said...

Love that light....just what I need in our kitchen. Thank you.

Martina said...

Looks great! And I bet it draws a lot more positive attention than the old 'boob' light ;)

Amelia said...

Ooo...I'd been thinking about replacing the boob light in our bathroom with one of these. Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

It looks great! I love that retro style in lighting. Big improvement on the boob.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...