Monday, October 8, 2012

Thankful and a reminder

{via}

So many things to be thankful for this weekend! I was in Ottawa for work last week, and stayed there for the Thanksgiving weekend. The Mr. met up with me, and we hung out with family and friends, visited some of our favourite areas in Ottawa and stuffed our faces all weekend. All in all a great little Thanksgiving! So thankful for everything we have, and most importantly all the caring people we have in our lives.

Some smaller everyday items I am thankful for: flying home to Toronto instead of enduring a long-weekend-trafficy-drive, bringing home tons of leftover turkey, gravy, and stuffing (thanks mom and dad!), seeing my bestie's new house, having some time to catch up on blogging and magazines, seeing the beautiful fall colours in the trees, and having time (because of said flight!) to get to the gym today after a week away from it.

And, to end off - a quick reminder that Blogger Book Club is back on October 15th! We are reviewing Zadie Smith's On Beauty in a week - that means get reading! (Including me...my library book is officially late...but I have to finish for next week's review! Shhh...don't tell them I will purposely be incurring late fees to finish it).

Happy Monday which feels like Sunday, folks.

9 comments:

Carol-Anne said...

Gratitude is an attitude and you've got the right one! Happy Thanksgiving!

Meesh @ I Dream of Chairs said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend! Oh no, I vowed to get back on track with the book club and now there's only a week left! Not sure I'll make it now. We'll see...I'll try to remember to pop into Chapters tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving Heather. xo

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Did you check out any new restaurants in Ottawa?

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Did you check out any new restaurants in Ottawa?

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Glad you had a great Thanksgiving. It sounds wonderful. I have to get reading as well. No late fees to incur though:)

Ashley said...

glad you had a relaxing time in ottawa! flying to TO is the way to go (not that I know from experience). Your little thankful post is reminding me of things I should be thankful for too so thank you!

Shannon said...

BBookClub is a great idea!!!

Shannon said...

ummm. yah, I am a little slow! i loved when god was a rabbit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...