Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Moooooo...cowhide

I want to add a cowhide rug to our bedroom - I think it will add a nice juxtaposition to some of the colours and pattern in our room.  I picked one up at Ikea this weekend (Koldby) - what do you think?
Do you like this? I like the angle but may want something with a bit more colour variation. I know there are a number of places that sell them where you can pick exactly what you want. I will probably go that route. I've always liked them and am convinced that it is one of the most versatile design pieces you can buy. I've seen them featured in bedrooms, living rooms, even bathrooms! (oh, to have a bathroom that large...)

Here are some photos that inspired me in the first place:

Isn't this almost the exact room layout to mine? The rad is in the right place and everything!

living rooms - Kalah Fabric Emerson Nesting Tables Hampstead Mirror white slipcovered sofa blue zigzag pillow brown cowhide rug blue walls paint color
living rooms - French Square Leg Coffee Table beaux-arts white sofa white beige cowhide rug marble fireplace mirror crystal chandelier yellow green sheers drapes yellow green blue throw pillows turquoise blue yellow green living room

8 comments:

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I love those rugs and I totally agree that they are super versatile. If you get tired of it, off it goes to another room.

Ashley said...

The shape is nice but I agree, something with some more colour would be great (although it likely won't match the Ikea value). I love the ones with a bit of black/grey in them.

Unknown said...

I agree.. I would love to have one. It's perfect in your bedroom!

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Don't have one yet but I have plans....

emily said...

I think it's perfect in your bedroom!

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

I like it! I picked one up from Tandy Leather - they have a zillion colour options and the prices are excellent. I'd check it out if you are considering a new one.

I can't remember exactly, but we paid 150 I think at the Royal Winter Fair - taxes in :-) It might be worth a visit!

Anonymous said...

LOVE cowhides. I'm saving up for one in my living room. Love the light tones of the one in your bedroom. Looks great!

Lisa @ Lisa Moves said...

I think World Market has some nice ones for $250, but I like the light one you have in your bedroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...