Thursday, May 26, 2011

Table topper - groupie style

Remember my inspiration post on what to do with a couple of linen rable runners I bought a few weeks ago?  I took a little sidetrip to HomeSense the other day and found some great pieces to use with the runners.

Although I didn't find a tablecloth I liked enough to buy, I did find some great patterned napkins and lovely napkin rings:


(ignore the creases...it obviously needs to be washed and ironed...)
Napkin ring - doesn't this remind you of the Anthro pull below? I LOVED these pulls but they didn't fit with any refinishing projects I was working on at the time...

I like this non-tablecloth option for summer because it lets me show off my table. I only got 4 napkins and 4 napkin rings (couldn't find any more rings). Since I got them home I've been wondering if I should have gotten 4 more napkins? I can always mix and match the napkin rings (or not use them) if we have more than 4 people for dinner. I'm thinking I should have 8 napkins though - whether it's to have extras on hand, or for when we have more than 4 people. Thoughts?

2 comments:

LenoreNeverM♡re said...

Nice use of runners instead of the regular placemats!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

I like to buy 4 napkins and then 4 complementary and use both sets for large groups. Your table looks super fine:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...