Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday faves - my fave app aka a free personal trainer

Another week come and gone...means another week closer to more sunlight and longer days! I really can't complain since we've had such a warm (knock on wood) winter so far in Toronto, but I could use a little more sunlight in my day, you know what i mean?

Earlier this week I was reading a post on P90X over at Carol's blog The Design Pages, which led me to post a comment sharing my favourite workout helper:


It IS a personal trainer in your phone/ipad. And it's FREE. woot!

I use it whenever I need a boost, a change-up to my routine, or (most often) when I get my butt to the gym but don't know what to do. Basically, it's a set of timed circuit-training-style workouts, with videos to show you how to do each of the moves. Oh, and the videos have ridiculously fit women demonstrating each move.

Motivation? I think so.

Some are all-over workouts and some are targeted to specific muscle groups. The best thing about this is you could do all of them at home if you wanted. And, the next best thing? They are TOUGH. As in, I am a regular gym-goer and I find these...ahem...challenging (read: sweat-dripping-sucking-for-air-willing-the-clock-to-tick-down-challenging).

My favourites are the 15-minute targeted "Get Focused" workouts. They are killer sets of 5 moves, timed out. So you do each move for 30-60 seconds, and then you get a 30 second recovery after 4.5 minutes (THANK GOD), and then repeat. This is one of my fave workouts (those pushups on the medicine ball are kill.er.):


If you're a little behind on your fitness resolutions, or just want a personal trainer, get this app. I'll be using it this weekend!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the post! This is an app ill be getting when I get my i phone :)

Tess said...

Ummm - I totally need this. Thanks for the tip, downloading now.

-Courtney Lane- {blog} said...

This looks like a great app! My housemate and I have been working out together this quarter...so far so good. This would be great to help us :) Thanks for sharing!

Courtney Lane
courtneylanemichaels.blogspot.com

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

As soon as I'm finished P90X (oh you know, only 72 days from now!!!) I'll be back to the gym and this will be a lifesaver. I get so bored of the same routine. Thanks for the tip Heather:)

emily said...

What a great app! Thanks for sharing this.

Lisa said...

Oooo, I'm going to have to check out that app! Thanks for stopping by and for your lovely comment about our bathroom.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...