Sunday, January 29, 2012

IDS 2012 - Recap

This has been a busy few days for me! Thursday night was my introduction to the Interior Design Show (IDS) here in Toronto. Attending BlogPodium on Friday (read my post about that here) meant that I was invited to attend the IDS opening gala and trade day.  Had I been free on Saturday, I would have had another opportunity to meet up with bloggers at the Canadian Design Bloggers meet-up, but I had a wedding to attend.  Needless to say, I am more than happy to litterally put my feet up today and give them a break from the heels I've been wearing non-stop since Thursday! I wear heels often, but I guess I don't walk around / stand in them as much, and last night I danced the night away at the wedding and the heels stayed on all night!

The IDS gala started off with one of my all time, world wide favourite things - just standing waiting for me in the media lounge upon check in on Thursday night:
I love me some bubbly...who doesn't? And Veuve is the queen of the bubbles...we made sure to enjoy it!
Here are some of my favourite displays at IDS - enjoy! (The photography / lighting isn't the best...but you'll get to see a bit of what I saw):
IDS 2012 Gala


This tray would be a great DIY, non?
Beautiful wall art

Living Lighting (King St location):
 This light fixture was ridiculous - strand upon strand of metal chain, and I loved how they styled the room (give me tulips any day...)

Canadiana at its best (curling rock pillows!) at Identity Apparrel:
Cherish auction in support of ONE X ONE:
Joe Fresh room:

One of my absolute favourite installations -Lissoni Lounge:

Walking through IDS was a lot of fun, getting peeks of design inspiration, and seeing design celebs like Sarah Richardson and Brian Gluckstein! I didn't get a pic of Brian, but here's Sarah in her cute patterned dress:

Even the chairs for the speaker sessions were ultra stylish:
There you have my little IDS 2012 recap - if you liked it you should try your best to attend next year! There really is so much inspiration, and something for everyone.

8 comments:

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

Seems like another successful event. So jealous that you got so close to Sarah Richardson. :-)

Michelle said...

Thanks for the glimpse into the IDS. I love the bookshelves in the Lissoni Lounge!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous, I need to attend some of these amazing blogger seminars. I'm sure they are pack full of good information!

Anonymous said...

Fab re-cap Heather!!! Love the chunky marble slab coffee tables. Drool ;)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Looks like a fantastic weekend!!! I love the photo of Sarah smiling for the camera while the guy beside her is blabbering away:)

Tiffany said...

This looks like so much fun. I would love to attend something like this in the future. And, love Sarah. Was Tommy there? I would love to meet him. He is so hilarious.

emily said...

I am drooling! It looks like a fabulous event! I love Sarah's dress!

The Wardrobe Stylist said...

Wow these displays are amazing and quit inspiring! I am a new follower of your blog, come on by the-wardrobe-stylist.blogspot.com :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...