Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Mr. was right...

My husband has been pestering asking SUGGESTING that I do a post on our boiler since the beginning of time (ok, the beginning of this blog).

On my little house tour (part 2) post, I included a before and after of our boiler (if you aren't familiar with boilers, they are essentially furnace equivalents for homes like ours that have hot water radiators instead of forced air vents). If you missed it, here it is in all its glory:

Before (unfortunately we don't have a REAL picture of our boiler before - our bad...but we do have a photo of the filled in hole in the basement floor where it used to live):

After:

(this is where you all say)
Ooh la la via Alexandra Ferguson on Etsy

About a week after my house post I received an email...about the BOILER. My jaw dropped. I started laughing. This was going to MAKE THE MR's DAY. Forget that, his week.  The email was from a real person, asking questions about the boiler, how we liked it, etc. Too funny. The Mr. is ecstatic. And I, I am...WRONG. 

There, I said it. I should have posted about the boiler and helped humanity. Instead I kept it to myself for a whole year...and when I finally did post a measly picture about it there was interest.  

I think the bigger story here is not so much the boiler (sorry, Mr.), but the power of blogging. This person came across my blog from a comment I left on another blog, saw the house tour, and decided to shoot over a question about the boiler. Pretty impressive this blogger community we have, non?

4 comments:

Alena: Oh, Its Just Perfect! said...

Haha. Boilers are definitely oh la la. It looks so....new and pretty!! :)

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Maybe The Mister needs a blog as well and he can share all his boiler knowledge:) Are there actually "handyman" blogs??? BTW, are you loving Fall on Your Knees>?

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool! Your husband must have been excited!

Danielle said...

That's hilarious! My husband 'SUGGESTED' I do a post on our new furnace...and ...crickets! Glad yours 'sparked' some interest! Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...