Friday, January 13, 2012

House Tour: Part 2

Good news folks, we are still enjoying a declogged drain! Thank the lord...onto bigger and better things...what you've all been waiting for, part 2 of our house tour! Thanks so much for your comments yesterday, I'm still shocked at what came our of our drain, but very relieved that we're up and running again. Happy Friday to all of you - enjoy the loveliness of the weekend.

Entry - Before:
note the lovely glass blocks...

Entry - After:
note the lovely mirror hiding the glass blocks...

Living Room - Before:

Living Room after:
Our living room projects: Gallery wall, map, radiator covers (throughout the house). The living room is on "The List" for 2012!
Dining Room - Before: 

Dining Room - After:
Our dining room project: bar cabinet

Kitchen - Before:
(PS - all these photos are from a pre-possession house visit...not our mess)

Kitchen - After:
Pinned Image
bahahah - I wish.
We are in the midst of redoing our kitchen and have made some great progress..stay tuned for updates :) - image via pinterest via bhg

Boiler (heat source) - Before:
This picture doesn't do justice to the monstrocity that used to be in our basement - it was an oil boiler, about 2 1/2 feet in diameter and full height...in the middle of our basement

Boiler After:
Our new, wall mounted, high efficiency, gas boiler. Ahhhh. :) (FYI: The Mr. has asked me to post about this since I started this blog. Here it is!)

Porch - Before:


Porch - After:
Our porch projects: porch painting, doormat

That's a wrap! Hope you all enjoyed the inside scoop, we still have a lot of work to do but are happy with how everything looks so far. Once we finish it will just be time to redecorate again :)


16 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...

You know what I really love...that you weren't afraid to paint the molding white! I am huge fan of chunky white moldings.

LifeBegins@Thirty said...

Gorgeous! I love that the house looks totally transformed without any major renovation so far. Very impressive!

Michelle @ AM Dolce Vita said...

Love that geometric mirror in your foyer. I think the Trellis pillows/cushions I am giving away (http://michellelalala.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway-pair-of-trellis-ikat-pillow.html) would look lovely in that space. :-) And that Troy Sausalito light in your dining room is an all-time classic!

Sharon@house58blog.com said...

Heather - Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day! Great post today--you've turned out beautiful changes! Stay in touch!

Kelly Steele said...

I'm with Melissa - I totally freaked about your kitchen!!!!! Tricky!

Carol@TheDesignPages said...

Wow, how impressive. The entire house looks a trillion times more beautiful than before. Way to go!!

Danielle said...

So great! Really love how painting out the trim makes the little stained glass windows pop - you couldn't even tell they were there! Can't wait to see more as it comes together. Happy weekend!

Kelly @ View Along the Way said...

That mirror in your entry way, WOW! Huge transformations already. Great job!

Anna @ IHOD said...

What a lovely entryway! Your house is beautiful:) And I love your doormat/doorway!
Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

Tanya from Dans le Lakehouse said...

Fabulous home! Esp. the kitchen, lol. Can't wait to see. This post made me smile - you have a great sense of humor (and style!)

Beatrice@craftybeeblog.com said...

Love your home. Love the mirror covering the blocks. And what a kitchen! Your post made me smile too. I totally agree with Tanya. You have a great sense of humor.

Beatrice@craftybeeblog.com said...

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

The boiler transformation is quite impressive. I like how the Mr. inscribed the year it was removed

My Interior Life said...

It all looks great, and yes, that kitchen had my jaw dropping then giggling. Your glass blocks solution is very clever and pretty at the same time - now that's making the most out of what you have! Great job!

Janet @ House Four said...

Great transformations! I can't wait to see your kitchen!
Your hous brings back great memories for me - it's identical to the one my dad grew up in, in Toronto. I used to love sitting on that porch with my granndma in the evenings. Love your house!

Gary Ardill said...

Nice pictures. Your interior designing is excellent. Color combination, furniture and everything else is beautiful.

jali contemporary radiator cabinets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...